We offer a two-year, part-time training course in homeopathy and all that is encompassed under the banner of such healing. The course takes place over ten weekends a year, with an evening tutorial meeting between the weekends and additional home study.
Our course is unique in a number of ways:
- We have no formal exams. Instead, we have a student-friendly self-assessment programme.
- We encourage you to practice what you learn, while you learn. We believe you learn best through experience, not just through the accumulation of knowledge.
- We acknowledge previous learning and individuals life-skills and experience.
- We fully support you with your learning and your cases.
- We limit group sizes to ensure individual attention.
- We balance 'inner' development with 'outer' learning, as the process of becoming a healer is just as important as learning the material.
- We help you to develop an understanding and awareness of the human energy system in place of the biomedical model.
- We have open feedback channels and we encourage regular student feedback on how we can improve our training.
- We encourage an open-minded, non-dogmatic approach to homeopathy and healing, recognising that each student has individual interests and skills.
- We encourage looking at methodologies from every possible angle so as not to limit healing by dogma.
- We recognise the importance of the practitioner-patient relationship, and help students to develop good practitioner and interpersonal skills.
Formal examinations will not be carried out as our desire is for you to enjoy learning by experience without the pressure of having to perform academically. We will, however, expect you to maintain a comprehensive Journal to record your learning, your own developing interests and to reflect your own progress by means of ongoing self-assessment, and we will support you in this process by giving encouragement, and where needed, ideas. Twice a year you will receive feedback after sharing these journals. There will also be space on the timetable to help you develop your Journal. At the end of each year, all students will take part in a three-way process involving self-assessment, peer-group assessment and tutor assessment in order to gain a balanced overview of the level of progress made. A further requirement of you during the course is that you will experience receiving homeopathic treatment. Students are required to submit five cases for graduation that demonstrate sound homeopathic practice. Coaching is provided throughout this process.
Our student training clinics are held regularly and provide opportunities for students to learn and practice clinical skills in a supervised environment. They also provide the added benefit of low-cost treatment to the general public. Students join the training clinics in the first year. Students must complete a minimum of 150 hours clinical training. The clinics assist in building confidence and gaining experience in a safe and supportive environment. They also provide the impetus to learn how to network with other students and develop peer support. Not only do they stretch the students but provide an enjoyable atmosphere where students learn how to feel safe in practice. Our clinics are unique in that the students quickly develop their clinical skills.
As Ghandi said "Be the change you want to make"
Upon successful completion of the two year training, you will be awarded a Dip Hom. Dhanvantari Homeopathic College and we expect you to have gained the following:
- A greater understanding and awareness of yourself
- A holistic understanding of the processes of health and disease
- Confidence in your abilities to help others to heal themselves
- Knowledge and experience of using homeopathy and other gentle means to restore and maintain health both for yourself and others
- a wide vision of the possibilities for Homeopathy
- Some close friendships
- A supportive network to help and encourage you to put what you have learned into practice
- Maintenance of a comprehensive journal
- Regular attendance (minimum 80%) at both college and at clinical classes..
- Attainment of at least one hundred and fifty supervised clinical hours.
Submission of five detailed case histories of patients treated, with at least two follow-up reports. (These are submitted one at a time with constructive feedback given at each stage of the process.)
Our priority is to produce the best training we can, based on our own experience and the feedback we receive from our students. We do not, therefore, claim affiliation with any of the homeopathic registering organisations. This enables us to continue to develop an innovative, student-centred training that is unencumbered by the constraints of an imposed curriculum. Nonetheless, our training is currently recognised by IICT www.iict.com.au. This is an organisation which we found to have the best support, networking and insurance affiliations for our homeopaths. Do check out the link.
Is this training for you?
Our training course will most likely be suitable for you:
If you are interested in homeopathy and natural healing
If you prefer to learn by experience and not just in theory
If you wish to train as a homeopathic and holistic health practitioner in a friendly and supportive environment
If you want to make a difference
If you want to grow as a human being
If you have a passion for the exploration of homepathy's evolution
The main requirement is an open mind and a willingness to explore and expand yourself beyond any current limitations. Whilst an ability to study is, of course, necessary, no formal academic qualifications are required.
Upon Application you receive a Welcome Pack and full book list and requirements for the course. Our book list is ecclectic and, therefore before you purchase any homeopathic books, it is best to check this list.
Dhanvantari College of Homeopathy is unique as it includes instruction in the Aperture Method Prescribing (TM) as created by the College Principal, Dhanistha Devi Dasi.
"Homeopaths need to be like water,
carrying the message of healing"
Dhanistha Devi Dasi (Principal)